Eric Fund Application for Assistive Technology
The 2014 Application cycle is closed as of May 31, 2014. Look for the 2015 application on this website in early 2015.
2014 marked the 16th year that The ERIC Fund offered awards. These grants will assist persons with disabilities living in the Washington, DC area who demonstrated a need for assistive technology or equipment in purchasing such devices or equipment to help them lead independent, inclusive lives. Through 2013, the organization has funded more than $135,000 in grants.
Eligibility and Pre-Requisites
The applicant must:
- Live in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. This includes the District of Columbia, Maryland (Montgomery, Prince Georges, Anne Arundel, Calvert, Howard, Charles and St. Mary’s counties), and Northern Virginia (Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, Stafford, Loudon and Fauquier counties and the City of Alexandria).
- Be 0-65 years of age.
- Have a disability as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act: “Disability – The term ‘disability’ means with respect to an individual: (a) a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more of the major life activities of such individual; (b) a record of such an impairment; or (c) being regarded as having such an impairment.”
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Demonstrate in writing how the assistive technology or equipment requested will improve the individual’s quality of life and assist them in living more independently in the community.
- Have had an evaluation within the last 12 months for the assistive technology or equipment for which they are requesting funding.
- Identify a manufacturer or retailer for the assistive technology and/or equipment requested and an estimated price for the equipment/technology. (The ERIC Fund will only issue checks to the manufacturers or retailers and will not issue money directly to individuals).
HELP US SAVE POSTAGE! SIGN UP TO GET YOUR ERIC FUND APPLICATION ELECTRONICALLY!
Send your email address and organization name at email@example.com and we will put you on our email list to receive a PDF of the Eric Fund application every year.